Here’s a quick seasonal checklist for your home.
- Check children’s backyard playground equipment.
- Check your wood deck or concrete patio for deterioration – More decks collapse in the summer than during the rest of the year combined.
- Check the nightlights at the top and bottom of all stairs.
- Check exterior siding – Look at all painted surfaces for peeling, blistering and flaking. All wood elements should be checked for rot, and fungal / insect infestation. Check siding for loose, bent, cracked or broken pieces.
- Check all window and door locks.
- Check your home for water leaks – not just the roof. Unwanted water can intrude through cracks in the protective skin of the house. It can also accumulate from interior water sources.
- Check the water hoses on the clothes washer, refrigerator, ice maker and dishwasher for cracks and bubbles.